It's about being a good neighbour.
We are proud to support a variety of community activities – from local schools, education initiatives and literacy programmes to the arts, community groups and sports clubs.
Apply for sponsorship
Sports clubs, charitable causes, community events & more
- We've always been community-driven, and now more than ever we know how important this is.
- We have re-deployed some of our staff as required to help in the community in any way we can. We have our MFCU van which can be used to transport goods. We have staff across our common bond who are on hand to offer community service of any kind.
- The Forget-Me-Nots is an inclusive choir that unites older people with family, neighbours and friends, with a particular welcome for those affected by dementia or memory loss.
- Now celebrating its 6th anniversary, membership is at capacity at 150 with an active waiting list.
- The Choir have performed across the Capital in places such as The Helix, The Olympia, The National Concert Hall, Fingal Atrium, Trinity College, The National Gallery, The National Maritime Museum, Dublin Airport, Baldoyle Community Hall, St Patrick’s Cathedral, St Michael’s House, L’Arche, Insomnia Sutton and local residential nursing homes.
- We support a number of soccer clubs across our common bond.
- We're delighted to partner with Artane Beaumont, St. Brendan's United, John Vianney, Killester Donnycarney, Kilmore Celtic, St. Paul's Artane, Raheny United and Swords Celtic Football Clubs.
Scholarship Winners 2019
- This year we distributed €10,000 among 11 local student members who are studying at Third Level.
- The areas of study vary from Medicine to Fine Art, and everything in between!
- Congratulations to our winners: Luke Shiels, Shauna Finn, Mary Rae, Habib Abdulhamid, Adam Finn, Juliana Burcea, Michael Flavin, Sophie Lynch, Adam Connell, Áine Murray, Fiona Stapleton.
SUPPORTING THE DUBS
by supporting our clubs
- We've supported the Dubs' successful Drive for 5 through our sponsorship of our local clubs.
- MFCU are proud to support Clontarf, Naomh Barrog, St. Monica's, Raheny, Craobh Chiarain, Parnells, Whitehall Colmcille and Fingallians GAA Clubs
Kellie Harrington, World Boxing Champion
- We are proud sponsors of World Champion Boxer and MFCU member, Kellie Harrington!
- Kellie paid a visit to our Head Office on International Women's Day to share her experiences with us. Watch the full video of her speech here.
Killester Donnycarney Football Club
- Killester Donnycarney FC have over 200 male, female and juvenile players.
- We are the main sponsors of the Men's Senior Team who play in the top division of the Leinster Senior League.
- KDFC's home pitches are in Hadden Park, Killester.
Clontarf Cycle Club
- We recently sponsored Clontarf CC on their 700km Malin to Mizen Head cycle in aid of the Alzheimer Society of Ireland (read about it here).
- The club was founded in 2012 and now has over 180 members.
- They cater for all levels from beginner to advanced.
- Saving money is nothing compared to saving lives!
- We have sponsored the placement of
20 defibrillators around North Dublin! We also fund vital training around the use of these devices.
- Here's a map of these locations.