School Savings Scheme
Member First Credit Union Limited with the co-operation of the Principal and teachers of the local schools operate a school saving scheme for all the children. The main aim of the saving scheme is to encourage the children to adopt a regular savings habit and thereby to sow the seeds of good financial management for the future.
The scheme operates as follows:
- Children joining are issued with a Credit Union card in their own name, which should be used when making a lodgement.
- A Credit Union representative will call to the school every week to collect the savings from the children. Any amount from €1 upwards can be saved.
- Dividends will be paid on savings at the same rate as applies to all members of Member First Credit Union.
- Withdrawals from accounts cannot be made in the school. Withdrawals can be made in the offices of the Credit Union; a parent or guardians ID will be required and must co-sign the withdrawal.
- If any of the children are already members of Member First Credit Union they can use the same account number and save through the school, please inform us first before trying to save with the school
All schools involved receive an annual grant for their participation in the scheme.The following schools in the area operate a saving scheme and any student attending the school can join and save through the school:
|St David’s Boys National School
||St Brendan’s Boys National School
||Scoil Neasain, Harmonstown
|St John of God Girls National School, Kilmore
||St Brigid’s Girls National School, Killester
||Scoil Fhursa Boys National School, Cromcastle
|St Francis Senior and Junior National Schools, Priorswood
||Scoil Ide Girls National School, Cromcastle
||St Joseph’s National School, Coolock
|Scoil Chaitriona SNS & JNS, Artane
||St Brigid’s Boys National School, Killester
||Our Lady Immaculate SNS & JNS, Darndale
|Chanel College, Coolock
||Scoil Assaim, Boys National School, Raheny
||St. Michael’s House, Raheny
|St Cronans Junior National School, Brackenstown
||St Cronans Senior National School, Brackenstown
||The Old Borough National School, Swords
|Mary Queen of Ireland National School, Toberburr
||Swords Educate Together, Applewood
||Oldtown National School
|Ballyboughal National School
||Gaelscoil Bhrian Boroimhe, Sord
|St. Nicholas of Myra
||Holywell Educate Together
||St. Benedicts & St. Marys
|Gael Scoil Mide